Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Note Cards

After finishing a scrapbooking project I usually pick up all the tiny scraps of paper and make a "Thank you" card to include with the orders I receive. They turn out lovely, I'm having fun putting the small pieces of card stock together, and I feel good that nothing gets thrown away.
Last night I had enough scraps and enough time to make a couple of sets of cards for my Etsy shop. They carry the advice "Recycle" on the front.

This is how these cards follow the three rules: reduce, reuse, recycle.

Reduce: They are small and cute, and virtually weightless. They take a small amount of material to make, therefore reducing waste when they do get trown away.
Reuse: They can be reused virtually countless times. Use them as "Thank you" or "Get well" cards, or simply to give your phone number to someone. Just don't write your message inside the actual card. Use a sheet of your personalized stationary and tuck it inside the card. The person who receives it can give it to someone else in the same manner.
Recycle: This card is made of 100% recycled materials and by the nature of if - being versatile and reusable - it brings any waste to a minimum.

I am starting to use these cards myself and to tell you the truth, I am proud to be a supporter of regifting.

Mara ~ Pretty Hair Clippies

No comments:

Post a Comment