Friday, July 24, 2009

How many pictures until I find "the one"?

Today I had an idea for a new item: a bridal shower favor in black and white. It looks very elegant to me, a little "on the edge". I made a set, with the hair clips and absolutely loved the result. Then it was time to take the pictures.

I took exactly 223 pictures of the same 3 cards and 2 hair clips over and over again. It took me at least 3 hours to pick a good background, take the pictures, go through each picture and select a few good ones. Then the listing ordeal: uploading the same 5 pictures about 15 times takes a long, long time. The most important part of the listing is that first picture that looks attractive enough to make a potential buyer want to view the item. It took me forever to decide which of the pictures is good enough to be that first picture. Is any picture good enough?

This is just a snap shot of the listing process. Work and questions, trial and error. Until we find - or don't find "the one". I want to laugh at myself thinking how much would I have to list each item for, if I added 3 hours of extra work to the price.

And finally, here is that first picture. What do you think?

Mara ~ Pretty Hair Clippies

3 comments:

  1. I love the Black & White. The whole thing is beautiful! Butterflies to me represent the sign of a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete